QuickBooks is one of the prevalent accounting software that has made accounting not just simple but also efficient. If you are a QuickBooks user, you might know how it can save your time and efforts. Despite being a great accounting software, users can face several errors, such as QuickBooks error H202. Therefore, to help out those users, we will be discussing what H202 error is, its causes, and how you can rectify it.
Let’s move to understand the what is QuickBooks H202 error.
You may face H202 error when you switch to multi-user mode and want to perform a certain task, and incorrect hosting settings prevents the QuickBooks from performing the same.
Thus, if you face the same issue, then read this blog until the end to find out the best solution for the error code H202. You can also call QuickBooks support at 1.800.579.0391 to troubleshooting help and assistance
What leads to the H202 error?
There might be several reasons for this error. Therefore, we have prepared a list of all those reasons that can lead to QuickBooks H202 error.
The reasons for the QuickBooks error in H202 are as follows.
- The primary reason behind this error can be the incorrect settings of the hosting configuration.
- You can also witness this error if the .ND configuration has been wrongly done, which hinders users from getting the data configuration access from QuickBooks.
- Communication issue between the server and the company data file.
- Due to the improper or incomplete DNS setting.
- When services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF has not started.
- Sometimes QB file setting option blocks the company file access, which results in the blockage of incoming and outgoing communication.
- When the QuickBooks software cannot reach the host server or server hosting of the company file.
- When a file has been running in multi-user mode, and a user tries to open it in single-user mode, then it can make it difficult to reach the system server.
- H202 errors can occur when the firewall and security software blocks the communication to the company file.
Since we have seen the most probable causes that can lead to QuickBooks error H202, it’s time to look at the solutions that will help you solve this problem.
How to Rectify the QuickBooks Error H202?
Some users might have visited Intuit website, where they have been recommended the use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rectify his issue. But if you are still struggling with this error even after using the Intuit tactic, then read till the end.
Now, we will be discussing simple yet reliable solutions that will make it easy for you to get rid of this error.
Solution 1- Ensure that the QuickBooks Services are running properly.
It is the basic solution to fix this error. Follow the below steps to confirm whether the QuickbooksDBXX services are running, and repeat them for QBCFMonitorService as well.
- Open the window search bar and type Run.
- Type services.msc in the Run window and press Enter.
- Now, in the Services window, browse and double-click on QuickBooksDBXX from the list.
- QuickBooksDBXX will appear; click on Automatic as a Start up type.
- The service status must be either on Running or started mode, if not then click on start.
- Go for the Recovery tab.
- Select Restart the Service for all three drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Now, click on apply and then select OK to apply the changes.
- Once you are done with these steps, repeat them for QBCFMonitorService.
After performing all the above steps, you have to open QuickBooks at every work station.
Go to the File menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode. If you can open everything, the error is rectified.
Solution 2– Make a New Folder for Your QBW File
In this solution, you have to create a new folder for your QBW file. Follow the below steps:
- Create a new folder on a computer server.
- Share and set up the folder along with Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Now, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to the new folder.
- Lastly, go to your company file and open it in multi-user mode.
Wrapping it up
In this blog, we have seen that QuickBooks Error H202 can be occurred due to several reasons and also the solutions to resolve it in the shortest time possible. You can easily resolve the error by following the solutions listed in this article and can also get in touch with the experts at 1.800.579.0391 if external help is needed.